4 February 2011

Me encanta España

I and my friends went through a phase where we would go to the cinema and watch whatever movie is on the list; just simply pick one without checking the review or even the trailer. Our victim movie that night was Vicky Christina, Barcelona. I think we were the victims. How? Well ...!
How can we get caught in a movie that half of it contains sexual references. We would unconsciously gaze down whenever a scene comes along. Secretively we would laugh at each other and at times giggle silently at our stupid mistake … why don’t we check before hand?! Anyways lesson is still being learnt.

PS: storyline was ridiculous, beyond ridiculous!

But one thing I love about this movie was the beautiful introduction it created to BarcelonaSpain. How I love that country and its language. I must admit till today I aim to learn Spanish one day. I think it’s a dead easy language to learn and I can speak Arabic which could make words far too easy to pick up and learn.

So in this movie everything was dreamy, of course apart from what I have mentioned earlier. The beautiful scenery of Spain and the guitar melody, it was a bit touchy, leaves you feeling all mushy. It teleports you to this other place where everything seems and feels gorgeous.

This is one of my favourite scenes –





I think this was during the phase where I was quite curious to learn about Spain’s history and especially the Islamic civilisation and Andalusia, so no wonder why this movie fitted in perfectly location-wise.  

Obviously Javier Bardem had a share in this whole special love *winks* but on a serious note, I think he is a great actor and even in his role in his last film Eat Pray Love was amazing.



Lastly, the beautiful Dee aka Ikran aka Deeqa reignited my love for Spain, ever since she moved there to study. <3

2 comments:

  1. LOL @ "Anyways lesson is still being learnt."
    Clearly nothing has been learnt since our last trip two weeks ago to the cinema "blue valentines" now clearly that was one of the worst films we've watched in our whole lives!

    Talking of the movie looking back at it, I reckon it was well interesting & if I am right it was me and you that enjoyed it the most hiba&hanaa got bored half way through.

    Not going to mention the actor as I am a married women now, however Spain is hot ;)like seriously that was a breath taking film in fact might watch it again tonight.

    Love Sereen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was like a wild choice, out of desperation I guess. Yes, didn't we? I personally liked the intro do whats Barca is like.

    Yes, better gaze down dear - I hope you enjoyed re-living the moments.

    ReplyDelete