3 February 2011

Craving all things red

Yes that’s right. It has been months now since I first craved having anything red to wear and the need only grew stronger in me. It could be a new red hijab, bag, shoes or maybe just maybe red lipstick *thinks twice*.

        

Red is a very bold colour and a strong statement to anyone who dares to wear it. It just flashes many labels like ‘strong personality’, ‘confident’, ‘brave’…! For me it was a mere cravings and I doubt till now that I have the bold personality to actually wear one; especially a red lipstick.

It was only when I saw a picture of a friend (Shamsa) that my cravings were triggered immediately. She looked absolutely stunning, mashallah!

I and my friend decided to pay a visit to MAC where it holds my favourite and most suitable make-up. We had one thing in mind, which was to try the red lipstick. I wont lie I looked unsightly but my friend insisted that it looked good and all I need is full make-up for it to look perfect.

Red Satin

In my own humble opinion I think not everyone can pull this colour and not every skin complexion can compliment this colour very well. Even though I own a caramel complexion it didn’t suit me much. But I tell you what suits me:


Media Satin


Yes it’s the MAC range of intense reddish-purple (Satin). I have always loved the colour maroon. It suits be perfectly but it’s not something I would wear publically, only in parties.

I think my cravings to all red are slowly dying… HELP!



No comments:

Post a Comment